1479 Gortner Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
Bo Zhu is a Post-doctoral Associate in the Seelig lab. He works on in vitro selection and evolution of proteins. The current targets of his work are developing the method for comprehensive analysis of the cleavage map of proteases and engineering of proteases in terms of cleavage specificity. He is also interested in developing the enzyme activity-based ultra-high-throughput screening system by using microbead display and mRNA display.
Research Articles (peer-reviewed)
Zhu, B., Mizoguchi, T., Kojima, T., Nakano, H. (2015) Ultra-high-throughput screening of an in vitro-synthesized horseradish peroxidase displayed on microbeads using cell sorter. PLoS ONE, 10(5): e0127479.
Ninomiya, R.*, Zhu, B.*, Kojima, T., Iwasaki, Y., Nakano, H. (2014) Role of disulfide bond isomerase DsbC, calcium ions, and hemin in cell-free protein synthesis of active manganese peroxidase isolated from Phanerochaete chrysosporium. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, 117(5): 652-657 (*Co-first authorship).
Kojima, T., Mizoguchi, T., Ota, E., Hata, J., Homma, K., Zhu, B., Hitomi, K., Nakano, H. (2016) Immobilization of proteins onto microbeads using a DNA binding tag for enzymatic assays. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, 121(2):147-153.
Han, Y., Chen, F., Li, N., Zhu, B., Li, X. Z. (2010) Bacillus marcorestinctum sp. nov., a novel soil acylhomoserine lactone quorum-sensing signal quenching bacterium. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 11(2): 507-520.
Li, N., Zhu, B., Jin, F. X., Yu, H. S. (2009) Sub-cloning and expression of ginsenoside-α-rhamnosidase gene. Journal of Dalian Polytechnic University, 28(5): 326-329 (Chinese).
Kojima, T., Zhu, B., Nakano, H. (2015) Construction of a DNA library on microbeads using whole genome amplification. Whole Genome Amplification, Methods in Molecular Biology, Kroneis, T. (Ed.), New York: Humana Press, pp. 87-100.
- Ph.D. (Agr.), Bioengineering Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan, April 2013 – March 2016.
- M.Agr., Bioengineering Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan, April 2011 – March 2013.
- B.E., Biological Engineering, Dalian Polytechnic University, China, September 2006 – July 2010.
- Grant Original Research Project Grant ($5000) from the Integrative Graduate Education and Research Program in Green Natural Sciences (IGER), Nagoya University, Japan, August 2015 – February 2016.
- “Development of activity-based universal ultra-high-throughput screening system of enzymes by using nano-structured enzyme cascade”, advised by Prof. Hideo Nakano. Fellowship Super Research Assistant Fellowship under the IGER program, Nagoya University, Japan, July 2014 – March 2016.
- Branch Chief Award, Central Japan Branch, Society for Biotechnology Japan, September 2015.
- Company Incentive Award, Central Japan Branch, Japan Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Agrochemistry, October 2013.
- Merit Student of Dalian City, Dalian Education Bureau, China, December 2008.
- Scholarships Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship under the Global 30 Program, Nagoya University, Japan, October 2010 – March 2013.
- The first grade scholarship, Dalian Polytechnic University, China, 2006 – 2009.
- Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship, Department of Education of Liaoning Province, China, December 2007.