515 Delaware St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Laboratory Coordinator: I hire, train and supervise laboratory instructors for non-majors biology courses such as Human Biology and Evolution and Biology of Sex. I also collaborate with lecture instructors, laboratory technicians, and laboratory instructors to develop, implement, and assess laboratory activities. My goal is to build students' analytical and reasoning skills as they move toward designing and evaluating their own experiments.
Course Instructor: As an instructor, I align explicit course objectives with activities and assessments to maximize student learning gains. One of my particular interests is effectively using student-centered, active learning strategies in large enrollment classes. I currently teaching Human Biology and Ethical Issues.
- Prescott, K and Andow, D. (2018). Co-occurrence Among Intraguild Predators: Avoidance or Aggregation? Environ Entomol. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1093/ee/nvy016
- Prescott, K and Andow, D. (2016). Lady Beetle (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) Communities in Soybean and Maize. Environ Entomol 45, no. 1: 74- 82. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ee/nvv154
- Flint, S., Heidel, T., Loss, S., Osborne, J., Prescott, K. and, Smith, D. (2012). Biosafety Technical Series No. 2: Summary and comparative analysis of nine national approaches to ecological risk assessment of living modified organisms in the context of the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety, Annex III. 178 pp., https://bch.cbd.int/protocol/cpb_technicalseries/cpb-ts-02-en.pdf, Montreal: Secretariat of the Convention of Biological Diversity.
- Andow, D. and Lovei, G et al. (2013). An ecologically-based method for selecting ecological indicators for assessing risks to biological diversity from genetically-engineered plants. Journal of Biosafety 22 (3): 141-156.
- Asplen, M. and Bruns, E., et al. (2012). “Do trade-offs have explanatory power for the evolution of organismal interactions?” Evolution 66 (5): 1297-1307. doi: 10.1111/j.1558-5646.2011.01573.x. Epub 2012