420 Washington Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Sehoya is now serving BTL as an adjunct professor. She is working full-time as a Professor in Biological Sciences at the University of Bergen in Bergen, Norway. At UiB, she is directing a National Centre for Excellence in Biology Education (bioCEED), while continuing to lead the EDU-STEM Network in the United States.
- PhD Conservation Biology, University of Minnesota, 1999: Anuran response to habitat degradation in the neotropics
- BS Biological Sciences (magna cum laude), North Carolina State University, 1992
Strategies for effective teaching of evolution and ecology; Science (especially biology) for the non-scientist; Using sex to teach biology; Inclusivity in the sciences; In-class assessment techniques; Technology in the classroom
Awards and honors
- H.T. Morse-Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor Award, 2014
- GLBTA (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Ally Community, University of Minnesota) Breaking the Silence Award, 2014.
- President’s Distinguished Faculty Mentoring Program, University of Minnesota, 2010-current.
- GLBTA (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Ally Community, University of Minnesota) Faculty Leadership Award, 2012.
- Office of Information Technology (University of Minnesota) Faculty Fellow, 2010-2011.
- Dagley-Kirkwood Undergraduate Education Award, College of Biological Sciences, University of Minnesota, 2009.