Welcome prospective transfer students!
We encourage you to explore the admission requirements and process using the links below or on the left side of this page. If you have questions, please attend one of our prospective student information sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-624-9717.
View admission requirements
Prospective student information sessions
Learn more about courses you can take prior to transferring, admission requirements, and the application process by attending an information session led by the CBS transfer staff and academic advisors. These sessions are customized based on the small group in attendance and there will be time for questions.
TRANSFERRING FROM WITHIN THE U OF M (Change of College Process)
- Friday, January 12, 3-4 p.m.
- Monday, January 22, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 24, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 30, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Friday, March 2, 3-4 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 3, 10-11 a.m.
- Monday, April 16, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
TRANSFERRING FROM OUTSIDE THE U OF M
We’re excited to partner with the Office of Admissions and our campus colleagues to offer monthly Transfer Thursday visit programs! During these half-day visits, you’ll attend a general information session about transferring to the University of Minnesota, tour our Minneapolis campus, and attend a CBS-specific presentation reviewing our programs, admissions requirements, transfer credits, and the best way to plan your courses prior to transfer. To register for a Transfer Thursday visit, please click here or contact the Office of Admissions.
Upcoming Transfer Thursday visit dates are:
- September 21, 12:30-4 p.m.
- October 26, 8:45 a.m.-12 p.m.
- November 16, 12:30-4 p.m.
- December 14, 8:45a.m.-12 p.m.
- January 4, 12:30-4 p.m.
- January 25, 8:45 a.m.-12 p.m.
TWIN CITIES AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER FAIRS
Look for the College of Biological Sciences transfer staff at the University of Minnesota transfer fairs held at the institutions below. Signs with location details should be posted at each school closer to the fair date. Stop by our table to get an updated transfer guide and get answers to your questions.
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College (Coon Rapids campus) – Wednesday, Sept. 13, 12-2 p.m.
- Century College – Wednesday, Oct. 4, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Inver Hills Community College – Tuesday, Nov. 7, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Minneapolis Community & Technical College – Tuesday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Normandale Community College – Thursday, Jan. 18, 10 a.m.-noon
- North Hennepin Community College – Wednesday, Oct. 11, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Rochester Community & Technical College – Tuesday, Sept. 19, 10:30-1:30 p.m.
- Saint Paul College – Tuesday, Oct. 10, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.