Dean's Scholars is a unique program designed to help CBS students build their leadership skills and prepare students to be active citizens in their chosen professions and communities after graduation.
The Dean's Scholars Program focuses on three areas to help students increase their leadership potential:
Self-Awareness: Knowing individual values, strengths, and talents and acknowledging shortcomings
Citizenship: Understanding the responsibilities of being an active member of a community
Creating Change: Fulfilling the responsibilities of citizenship by identifying and addressing community needs
The Dean's Scholars Program helps students grow in each of these areas through a combination of coursework, seminars, service opportunities, and celebrations from their first year in CBS through graduation.
Benefits of the program
- Create connections with CBS students, faculty, and staff
- Reflect on your values and develop a leadership philosophy
- Gain leadership knowledge and skills in areas such as group dynamics, conflict management, and intercultural competence
- Understand the complexity of social issues & develop strategies for working with others to create change
- Gain confidence in your abilities
- Acknowledgement of your completion of Dean's Scholars in the commencement program
- A silver cord of distinction to be worn at commencement
- Special recognition ceremony for graduating students at the annual Spring Celebration