Undergraduate research opportunities
If you already have some experience working in a lab or field setting, here are some resources to check out as you look to expand on that foundation.
- GopheResearch – GopheResearch is an online tool available to University students and faculty to both find and share research opportunities on campus. This one-stop search is a great option for students to find what faculty have open positions in their research group.
- Directed Research/Studies – Get in-depth experience working in a faculty research group while getting academic credit by taking part in directed research or directed studies.
- UROP – Apply for the University Research Opportunities Program, which provides scholarships for undergraduates to complete a faculty-mentored research project and present your research.
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs) – Consider applying for a REU to get a more intense, highly focused research experience, often over a 10-12 week period.
- Internships – Internships can help students gain experience in a particular field. These internships are often off-campus, frequently paid positions, and can be research-based or focus on career skills beyond research. Students can search for opportunities on Handshake or externally.