Drop-in Advising Service during the Covid-19 Outbreak
CBS drop-in advising will take place in Zoom. To view current drop-in advising hours and access the drop-in Zoom link, please visit the CBS drop-in calendar. Click on the drop-ins link in the calendar for the current date and you will find the Zoom link in the "where" field. Copy/paste this into your browser and this will open the Zoom drop-in page for that given day/time. Note that we will be using the waiting room feature, so only one student will be in the meeting at a time and there may be a short wait.
Test your technology to ensure that your audio and video are set up for Zoom: https://it.umn.edu/services-technologies/how-tos/zoom-join-or-test-audio-video
Students with a current College of Biological Sciences major or minor are welcome to utilize our drop-in advising services. Please know that CBS academic advisors are here to support you during this time. Drop-in advising is best suited for 10-15 minute questions, although we will also continue to have full advising appointments available during this time.
Please schedule an academic advising appointment if you’d like to discuss one of the following issues to ensure that advisors have the appropriate preparatory time to best serve you:
- Long-term degree planning and graduation plan reviews
- Required appointments (first year checkback, second year checkback, probation)
- These forms:
- ROTC degree plans
- Athletics graduation plan signatures
- Learning Abroad Academic Planning Form
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeal
- Requests for special examination
- Forms for international students (OPT, CPT, Reduced Course Load)
- Enrollment verifications (This should be done through One Stop)
Have questions? Don't hesitate to get in touch! Contact CBS Student Services