About the Conservatory
Our mission is to cultivate plants from around the world to inspire and educate visitors and to advance botanical research and conservation.
The Conservatory aims to:
- Address specific teaching needs by collaborating with faculty to grow and provide plant materials for courses and labs
- Design and deliver essential and diverse plant materials, knowledge, and opportunities for faculty and student research across colleges.
- Engage in broad plant biodiversity research and conservation efforts to inform an understanding of the evolution and ecology of plants.
- Partner with faculty to design displays that showcase their research and to improve the quality of inquiry-based learning opportunities for students.
- Partner with university staff and community members to design educational exhibits which promote awareness and conservation of floral diversity.
- Maximize outreach opportunities and partnerships by providing tours and collections of plants pertinent to the community.
Learn more about the history of the Conservatory