Prospective student resources
- "Connecting with a Counselor" Informational Series: We hold recurrent group informational sessions about the field of Genetic Counseling via Zoom - join us to hear from two genetic counselors and ask them questions.
- Master Genetic Counselor Series: Made by the National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) and shows simulated genetic counseling sessions.
- Western States Regional Genetics Network - page for prospective students
- aboutgeneticcounselors.com: Information about the profession and about becoming a genetic counselor.
- Prospective student resources: Maintained by the NSGC Student/New Member SIG.
- Reading list: A reading list compiled for prospective students.
- Global Genetics and Genomics Community: Review several different case studies relevant to genetic counseling. You will have the opportunity to “ask” a simulated patient various questions and see their response through video. Resources are found on the left-hand side of the page to give you more information about the condition or to help you determine which questions to ask.
- Clinic, Teaching, and Research Experiences at the University of Minnesota
- Real Life as a Genetic Counseling Student at the University of Minnesota
- Research application: For those located in the Twin Cities who would like to assist with genetic counseling-related research.